Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Time for another birthday post. Ethan turned 26 years old today, & is working at his awesome, new job, which was the best birthday present he could have gotten! I'm whipping up a feast tonight, but might not take pictures, since the lighting will suck & the food is heavily brown, ha ha. However, I wanted to post a couple pictures of the cake I made, as well as some hors d'oeuvre I made for him.

Since dinner won't be served until 6:00, I wanted to surprise him once he gets home, w/a glass of Cabernet & some of these bad boys:


They're peppered Tofurky slices, spread with a thin layer of softened cream cheese, then rolled up. My grandma used to make these, with real turkey, sometimes rolling up a pickle spear or some cheddar. So addictive!


This is the cake I made. It's a quarter batch of this recipe, minus the filling. I just filled it with cream cheese frosting. It's a little baby cake!


It's always a hit; I used to make it at my last job & everyone who tried it was a fan. I've only made it as a layer cake, never as a tube cake, but I'm sure it's great no matter what. This time I used white whole wheat flour & brown sugar, so it's a LEETLE BIT more wholesome...


Eth, you're my bestest friend & I'm so thankful for all our dorky, good times!


P.S. Ruben says, "Happy birthday, Papa!"



No comments:

Post a Comment