Monday, April 23, 2012

Jon Snow Cupcakes!

My friend Thom hosts a Game of Thrones viewing every Sunday, & I'm unofficially in charge of bringing the treats (which rules!). I wanted to make a Jon Snow-centric pastry, because he's so pretty, & this idea popped into my head a couple weeks ago.

First, I made the Toasted Coconut Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, but they were missing something...

Nerd time: I printed out a dozen cropped copies of my fave picture of Jon Snow onto cardstock, then used a 2-inch circle punch to cut out his face (you could also cut them by hand). I also punched out a dozen plain cardstock circles for the backs. (Thom thinks I should have used another pouty picture of Jon for the backs, then we could've twirled the toothpick around, animating Jon's pouty face. Nice.)

To make the toppers, I just applied a circle of glue around the perimeter of a plain circle, with a small blob for the toothpick area. Then I twirled the toothpick through the glue, so I'd be sure of adhesion. Lastly, I sandwiched a Jon onto the top, holding it together for 30 seconds or so. Don't press on the toothpick area, only around it, or you'll crease the paper & leave an unsightly imprint on his face. Do not want!

I found that my afghan was a useful place to stick these while they dried, though it was a bit intimidating!


And here's the finished product! Thom said the coconut represented Jon's stubble. :)


Yeah, I'll probably just make boring old cookies or something next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment