Sunday, August 8, 2010

Houseguests & Sushi...

I'd post more, but I've been really busy with company & haven't been crafting or cooking as much as I normally do. I've also been backing up ALL my digital photos onto Flickr, because I'm paranoid. :)

My brother is visiting now, then leaving on Monday after I get off work...then my friend Sage is coming to stay that very same night. She's on her way from Sweden to Vancouver, B.C. for her next round of grad school. My head is spinning, but it's been a lot of fun!

Yesterday, he requested this super-breakfast: home fries, scrambled eggs w/cheese, homemade wheat toast, & raspberries!


The potatoes were from Cathy & David's garden & there were some blues in there! Cool.


The toast was from Dave's actual wheat bread recipe. I've made it so many times, usually in the summer when I have more free time. The rest of the year, I either buy it, or get Ezekiel, which I love as well. The recipe is available here.


With all that food in his belleh, he was powered up for some fun at Mt. Tabor Park!


Horsing around:


Probably gettin' too big for the ol' seahorse, kid...


Swinging away.


After wearing him out, we headed to Fubonn & got the missing components we needed for sushi! Sean was a great sushi maker! The texture of the nori sheets squicked him out, so he was in charge of filling the inari. Look how great they turned out:


I made the veggie rolls, which were filled with chives, avocado, carrots, cucumber, & the best fried tofu I've ever had in my life! It's made locally & is SO FRESH. We got the onion flavor, but they also make a spicy lemongrass that is to die for. Try it if you find yourself near Fubonn. You won't regret it!


Here is one happy kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment