Friday, August 20, 2010

Pizza of Supremely Magical Powers

I've been bad about posting because we've been like a bed & breakfast up in here, but I had to write about this tasty pizza we made. We usually just use whatever we have around the house, but this time everything came together to sort of taste like pepperoni!


We used homemade dough (from Martha), then covered it in sauce, feta, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, pickled jalapeƱos, smoked gouda & red pepper flakes.


The cool thing is is that most of those ingredients were free or nearly free, & they turned into one of the tastiest pizzas we've ever made.


I also made a hat from the book Hip Knit Hats, which I checked out from the library. Warning: see this errata page, if you get an earlier edition of the book.


The hat is called "Ella" & is an entrelac pattern, the second one I've made. (Well, the first project was a scarf that I didn't like, so I ripped it out before finishing it.) I love it, even though I'm not a "hat person."

Very unenthusiastic modeling shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment