Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fun in the outdoors!

Yesterday, my sister asked if I wanted to go on a hike with her, so I headed over to her house. She has a really cool book with NW Oregon hikes in it, so she chose a "moderate" one for me, since I am out of shape!

We went with Angel's Rest Trailhead.


Sounds innocent enough, right?! No...I was dying from the start. It was so steep (a common trait in mountains!) & I felt like a total wimp. It did make me realize I need to get out & do more hiking though, so I can show my sister that I can tackle a decent trail!

She looks skeptical though...


After the initial shock of such an arduous trek, I got more & more used to the painful & sweaty state that my body was in & kept trucking along. We saw some really cool stuff on the way to the top! I would have taken more pictures had I not been having a heart attack along the way.

Here is what I imagine a space flower would look like:


It's hard to tell from the picture, but these slabs of rock were massive! We were like ants crawling over them. Speaking of critters, we saw a crazy-big spider up there, but it went between some rocks before I could snap a picture.


After huffing & puffing for miles, we were rewarded with this beautiful view of the Columbia Gorge!

Gorge-ous! (Sorry, I had to.)



It was definitely worth the pain & I felt so good afterward---my muscles were humming. On the way back home, I HAD TO get a shot of this place that Eth & I drive by on our way to Goodwill. I've told friends about it, but the picture is priceless, I mean, really! So many peenz!


When I got back, Ethan was intent on going to the driving range, to practice his swing. I'm not into golf at all. Just going to the fancy-schmancy golf course is a total culture shock---let's just say that hanging with rich people in polo shirts isn't my thing. It was fun to watch him though. He's really good!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful hike! I'm glad to know you're back in the blogging world again :)

    ReplyDelete